Problem with AJAX version

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:59 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2008 at 4:05 PM
Hi,
This is short description of my problem with ImageEditor control:
In Page_Load event handler, i set some ImageEditorControl properties to fit my needs. Here's the code:

With

ImageEditControl1
.EditMode = DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.PropertyEditorMode.Edit
.ShowFolders =
True
.ShowFiles = True
.AllowFileUpload = False
.AllowFileOpen = False
.AllowFileSaveAs = False
.AutoThumbnail = False
.FilePath = GetImageFilePath()
End With

When page load, ImageEditorControl loads my image. Then click any control in toolbox and then ImageControl stuck. All I see is progres bar in endless loop.
I Also defined assembly version redirection with following lines in my web.config file:

<

dependentAssembly>
<
assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
<
bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
</
dependentAssembly>
<
dependentAssembly>
<
assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
<
bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-1.1.0.0" newVersion="3.5.0.0" />
</
dependentAssembly>

In order to make ImageEditor work properly, I must comment that lines.
My question is: Is there any other way to make ImageControl to work with ajax 3.5 ? Do you have any recommendation for this issue?

Thank You!

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:12 AM
I sorry that I did not see your post until tonight. Regarding your questions:

1.When I set up an install of DNN 4.8.2 (using the install version) and set the Target Framework to .Net 3.5 (in the PropertyPages->Build of VS 2008), and answered yes to the question about converting the project to .Net 3.5, one of several automatic changes that were made to web.config included in the <runtime > node the bindingRedirect statements you indicated. I had not tried installing the ImageEditor Control (Demo DNN Module) in this .Net 3.5 framework site until tonight. While the install went well, I ran into a similar problem in that after I opened or uploaded an image file then clicked on one of the image enhancement/flip buttons or finalized a crop, the following message was displayed:

Runtime Error
Line: 163
Error: '__pendingCallbacks[i].async' is null or not an object

After clicking "No" to debugging, the selected command was correctly performed. Further clicks of the image enhancement/flip buttons for further cropping then worked correctly.

The runtime error is occuring in code internal to the MS AJAX Javascript framework 3.5 so I'll need to set up my debugging environment to be able to step through my own Javascript and into this function to see why it blows up in 3.5 but not in 1.0 MS AJAX and why it only happens on the first click.

2. You mentioned "in order to make ImageEditor work properly, I must comment that lines." Were you referring to commenting out the <runtime > node with the bindingRedirects?