Getting the 'Edit Pencil' to appear

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:41 AM
William,

Really nice work.

I have installed it on my portal and have played with it a bit. However I cannot get the 'edit pencil' to appear beside an image I instered in a HTML/Text module on a page (a page that I have also installed the full "Image Editro" module on). I stress though that I do not use Solpart menu on my site (i am using the Housemeu skin object which provides javascript free navigation menus).

I have two questions:

• What do I need to do to see the 'edit pencil' or is it simply not possible without Solpart? I confirm that i am running DNN v4.6.2.
  • How do I (or can I?) set it up so that images on any page can be edited 'in place'? Must the full module be installed on the page in question for that to be possible?

Any advice would be much appreicated.

Thanks again for sharing this valuable tool with the DNN community.

eoghano
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM
The ImageEditorControl and the demo module have no connection to the HTML/Text module nor to other DNN core modules. Therefore it is not possible to have the 'edit pencil' appear beside any image other than the one currently show in the demo module. My hope is that other developers will be able to use the ImageEditorControl in their module development when looking for an image upload and ediitng control. It would be great to have this capability in the core HTML/Text module which uses the FCKEditor but this would take extensive reworking of the FCKEditor provider - something that I'll leave to those more familiar with the provider and its image handling.

Bill